Hi everyone, my name's Mary, I'm 30-ish and I live in Italy.
I work as a sign language interpreter for Deaf people and I'm a huge geek. I have a very solar and happy-go-lucky predisposition towards life, and by now it has always done me good.
I am a really messy crafter and I don't have any favourite technique. I sew a little, I bind books, I work with Hama/Perler beads, paper, Creppla foam and a lot of other things. I cook a lot and really enjoy it.
I try a little bit of everything but never specialise in anything: crafting is a hobby to me, specialising requires studying and commitment and I don't feel ready for that, so forgive me if anything I swap/send to you is poorly made, I'm no professional but everything I make is made with love :)
I try hard to make people smile and every time I succeed it's the best day of my life.
I try to recycle, upcycle, swap or craft anything I can, instead of buying new.
I really like:
- stash! Money is always tight, so if you're sending me something and you want to make me really happy, just throw in some stash.
- bears, especially polar bears
- the Princess Bride
- anything related to rolegames, especially Spirit of the Century, Savage Worlds, Deadlands Reloaded, Exalted.
- The Dresden Files TV serie or RpG
- sweets and chocolate (jep, gluttony's my favourite sin)
- anything sparkly (I know, I must have been a magpie in a previous life)
- anything colourful, especially if it's handmade
I really don't like:
- things that don't have a purpose (aka useless stuff)
- ornaments, knick-knacks and "dust-gathering" items in general
- plushies and amigurumi items (I live in a teeny-tiny apartment and have nowhere to keep them!)
Completed swaps: too many to list here (over 40!)