I'm a hard working scientist with a love for arts and crafts.
Here are some great DIY/sewing sites I love:http://www.favoritethings.net/
- a great independent fabric company. Look for the carpet bag. A personal fav!http://www.threadbanger.com
- really excellent DIY site with lots of blogs, forums, and weekly videos complete with how-to's!http://www.namastepatchworkcreations.com/
- A really sweet hippie mama designs AMAZING patchwork threads here. She is really talented and a total inspirationhttp://www.phreakyboutique.net/
- Another really great hippie chick who also makes some of the nicest threads I have seen. Truly amazing work!http://www.sublimestitching.com/
- This isn't your grandma's embroidery! Jenny Hart designs amazing embroidery patterns that are both hip and stylish! I just love the stuff here! Plus, she was featured on Threadbanger.com!