It all began with a bunny...
Actually, No, it all began with a baby... well LOTS of babies!
I began making ‘baby-safe bunnies’ for all my friends’ babies with sewn on faces and no chewable, choke-able bits. They were so popular that I moved on to mass-production (that's where the 'factory' bit comes from!)
My husband’s favorite TV couch was taken over by soft toys. To keep him happy I designed him his very own toy dog. We were living in a tiny apartment and couldn’t have a real puppy so I created a substitute based on the neighbours’ Jack Russell puppy. Jake was designed with movable joints so he could sit, stand and cock his head to one side. He’s really cute but rather complicated! I’m rather impatient and prefer things that don’t take forever to make. That’s why I’ve made sure all my other patterns are as easy as possible.
I’ve been sewing and knitting my own toys and dolls since I was a kid, but it took until my 30s (OK, mid-30s) to realize that you’re never too old to do what you love!
Find Pauline M. onWebsite Website Website Etsy
- followed VictorianStar 20 Feb 21:44
- followed FrankenStacy 20 Feb 21:44
- followed AnGeL XxX 20 Feb 21:44
- followed SparrowFae 04 Dec 20:19
- followed Martha 04 Dec 20:19
- followed Mayra G. 04 Dec 20:19
- commented on her comment Thanks Leslie, I try to make my patterns as simple as possible so hopefully you can make the platypus WITH your children as a holiday activity - that's if they are about 7 or 8 , not babies still, of course!!! : ) to Pauline M. 02 Dec 20:58