- Torie Jayne
- Freelance Fashion Designer and editor of Torie Jayne
- Makes Clothes
Othersneedle felting, paper crafts, decoupage, lip balm, soap etc.
What are your hobbies?
What are your favorite crafts and what's your craft space like?
Currently anything that involves spray painting
What do you craft along to?
Currently I am listening to Lana Del Ray and Adele on my iPhone
What was the first project you ever made?
chocolate nests with my mum at about age 3,
What are your favorite items to make?
Home interior projects and Holidays
Which other craft blogs do you love to read?
Is there anything else you'd like to add?
I take inspiration, real or imagined, and start the process weeks before by “pinning” my ideas and inspirations to dedicated boards on Pinterest. Then the designer in me spends hours collating all the information into beautiful inspirational boards that I share with my readers on Torie Jayne. It really helps me focus my ideas and encourages me to learn new crafts, like melting regular crayons down and setting them into mini gingerbread moulds, and making my own deer topped lip balms. I love that through my blog I can share every step of the process from step-by-step craft instructions to a variety of gluten-free deserts, and how all my lovely friends, family and readers get involved in helping me find the missing details. I couldn’t do it without them all.
What's your favorite?
- TV Show
- The British Bake off
- The Killers
- New York, after graduating from University I had my first proper job there designing skirts and dresses for American Eagle Outfitters
- I don't have a particular favourite but I love the styling in Tom Ford's A Single Man
- Currently I can't stop looking at Homepsun Style by Selina Lake, I just love all the home decor ideas
- duck egg blue
- Mexican, being gluten intolerant I love that I can eat a lot of it as it made from corn
- Craft Shops In Your Town