Make a Wooden Butterfly Hanging with your children and make their holiday bedroom the best ever…
Create a fabulous wooden butterfly hanging and loop it over the end of a bed or hang it securely from the ceiling for a lovely mobile. Why not let your children have fun helping to paint and decorate the butterflies with you, supervising them to ensure their safety? All you have to do is to simply buy the items listed below and then follow our instructions. It’s a fun project to keep your little ones amused on a rainy afternoon!
You can check out more fantastic projects on the Dremel website.
- Kristie H. favorited Wooden Butterfly Hanging 17 Aug 14:38
- Frances G. favorited Wooden Butterfly Hanging 28 Apr 16:43
- Sophia K. added Wooden Butterfly Hanging to DIYs and crafts 26 Jun 07:15
- Sophia K. favorited Wooden Butterfly Hanging 26 Jun 07:14
- Alice favorited Wooden Butterfly Hanging 06 Apr 22:24
- Janet J. favorited Wooden Butterfly Hanging 29 Nov 20:28
- Youghurt Jaja favorited Wooden Butterfly Hanging 16 Aug 14:49
- Pace.Amore.SiRide favorited Wooden Butterfly Hanging 14 Jul 10:48
- Caitlin B. favorited Wooden Butterfly Hanging 28 Jun 00:22
- Alissa B. favorited Wooden Butterfly Hanging 21 Jun 03:13
You Will Need
Draw the outline of the butterfly design onto a piece of paper, then cut out and trace around the edges onto pieces of light wood or MDF. Draw a large butterfly, and two smaller butterflies, or choose your own design. Take your Dremel 300 Series multi-tool, attach the Multi-Chuck (4486) and then select a Spiral Cutting Bit (561) and cut out the butterfly shapes from the wood.
Smooth the edges of the cut out shapes using the multi-tool fitted with the SpeedClic Mandrel (SC402) and a SpeedClic Abrasive Buff in either Coarse/ Medium (511s) or Fine(512s) depending on your needs.
Then, drill holes slightly larger than the thickness of the cord through the top and bottom of each butterfly using the multi-tool fitted with the Multi-Chuck and appropriate sized drill bit from the Precision Drill Bit Set (628).
Paint the butterflies in bright colours and allow them to dry thoroughly. Use an embossing pen to outline and fill in some of the painted areas and sprinkle on embossing powder. Tap off the excess powder, then use the Versatip with hot blower head to heat and fuse the powder. Decorate other areas of the butterflies with the Versatip fitted with the Hot Knife woodburning tip.