I drew this off of a template I found online but you could easily just print one off and color it.
1. You find a skull or draw one and cut it out.
2. Take a large blank index card, place the skull on top of it and trace the edges. Then cut the skull out of the index card.
3. Get some gesso and a paint brush. Brush on a thin layer of gesso onto the decorated skull and let it dry.
4. When you're done with that you'll need a hot glue gun, hot glue, some yarn about 2-3 inches and some lace, the amount of lace will vary depending on the size of the skull.
5. Take the skull you cut from the index card and put some hot glue at the center top. Fold the yarn to make a loop and lay it on top of the glue. Put some more glue on top of the yarn to make sure it stays in place.
6. This part you have to be quick or the glue will dry.
Glue around all of the edges of the index card skull and lay the lace on top of the glue until you've gone around the whole thing, then glue on top of the lace's edges and place the decorated skull on top making sure to line up the edges. Once it's dried you can hang it any where you'd like and can even add a message if you want.