How to treasure all those t-shirts you don't know what to do with but can't throw them away.
I saw a couple different ways to make a t-shirt throw. I modified it for what I wanted. The total measurement is 60 X 72. I little bigger then a regular throw but I like big throws.
- emmaturity added T Shirt Throw to Future Projects 26 Jun 03:36
- sultana shariff commented on T Shirt Throw 18 Mar 17:48
- Megan O. favorited T Shirt Throw 19 Nov 05:22
- Eve favorited T Shirt Throw 11 Nov 06:46
- kimberly c. favorited T Shirt Throw 04 Nov 21:06
- dippydiscoball added T Shirt Throw to maybe one day 11 Jul 02:06
- mizmocha favorited T Shirt Throw 21 Oct 01:49
- mizmocha added T Shirt Throw to Winter Projects 21 Oct 01:48
- packagedxdoll added T Shirt Throw to i need to create this <3 17 Sep 00:08
- Kellie P. favorited T Shirt Throw 05 Jul 18:26
Start by deciding how big of a throw you would like. I wanted just a little smaller then 60 x 72. So I used 15 t-shirts. Cut a pattern block of 12 x 12. Using a rotary cutter and safety board put your pattern piece to your t-shirt. Cut out throw both the front and back to have two squares per t-shirt.
Once all of your squares are cut out, lay out your lines. I made six lines or five squares.
Stack each row in order so the order stays the same.
Iron your squares. Make the first row but putting the right side together. Iron your seams.
Make sure that you pin the sides together well as t-shirt material is very stretchy.
Sew all your rows together.
Pin the t-shirts to your fleece right sides together. Use your rotary cutter and mat to even up the fleece with the t-shirts.
Start sewing together. Leave block open so the throw can be flipped in side out. Once done sewing trim the corners. Flip the inside out and pushing the corners out.
Lay the throw on a flat surface. Get a large needle with yarn and tie the corners where the t-shirts meet. Tie throw the t-shirt and fleece material.
Once all the corners are tied pin the opening closed by folding the fleece and t-shirt material in and together.
You can hand sew the once together. I choose to sew around the edge of the hole thing so the one block with be hid and makes a nice finish.
Even up all the yarn corners so they match.
Enjoy your cute fleece throw