I made this based on a project on this site with the same name. I'm not sure how to mark it as a "version" yet.
For me the hardest parts were trying to get the tentacles to lay in the shapes I wanted and still hold the lip I made where it would hold onto the box. When I baked them, the lip I made shrunk, and broke off when I tried putting them on the box.
Another hard part I had was making sure the two bottom tentacles would not be longer then the bottom of the box and then the box would not sit flat on it's bottom. The bottom right tentacle does a little, but it's not very noticeable. I used a glass bread and brownie pan for baking them. The tentacles held their shapes better on the glass pan then a metal one.
The edge of the pan also help the tentacles hold the shapes of the lips I made for gluing onto the box. Even though they broke off, they still held their shape.
Over all this whole project took me at most two hours. I spent about an hour molding the clay, and adding the suckers. Then about a half hour for the baking. Then another half hour for cooling and then gluing. And the whole thing cost me about $6.00, if that.
When I found this project, I already had the clay and box. I bought the clay on sale for like a dollar something a pack. Normally I think it's $3 something. And I got the box for a dollar at the local Dollar Tree. Next I'm gonna try a box with spider legs.