Resize your t-shirt to a "she" shirt.
My good friend Shae stenciled this fantastic "Covered in Bees" t-shirt for me. She knew it would be too big and sent it with her crafty blessings to be reconstructed however I saw fit.
Resizing tees is the recon I do most often, making my shirts fit me better while still being long (and wide!) enough to go over my hips.
Use a favorite shirt that you already love the fit of and that has similar stretch to the fabric for your template.
This is a fairly easy recon and usually takes about 30 minutes from start to finish.
- Xfluffy_unitatoX favorited T Shirt Reconstruction: She Shirt 17 Nov 23:10
- txtia favorited T Shirt Reconstruction: She Shirt 06 Aug 15:31
- Hazzard favorited T Shirt Reconstruction: She Shirt 19 Oct 23:13
- Teri favorited T Shirt Reconstruction: She Shirt 09 Sep 16:26
- ofenjen entered her project T Shirt Reconstruction: She Shirt to Generation T Contest 12 Aug 02:28
UPDATE! I now have a video version of the entire tutorial...
After stitching the sleeves, fold shirt in half, right sides together, matching the bottom hem. Stitch a 1/2" seam under the sleeve and all the way down the side. Trim seam allowance, if you wish.
Because you leave the original hems for the sleeves and the shirt in place, the reconstruction is now complete!