Sword sligin' - create a quick holster for your favorite blade
While shopping at the halloween store we determined that some swords were a must have for this years costumes. For me, a cutlass to go with my pirate costume, and Mr. PieKnits a fencing foil for his Phantom of the Opera. Now a gentleman of the opera house needed a proper place for his sword. With some craft felt and 15 minutes time I created a holster, or 'Sword Frog' to slide onto his belt, ta-da!
This is loosely modeled off of some images from 19th century military issued sword belts and baldrics but could easily used for about any costume with a sword, or just for that toy sword the little ones are running around with!
- Emma H. favorited Sword Holster 31 Oct 23:25
- onixmoon1 favorited Sword Holster 30 Aug 23:28
- Savannah A. favorited Sword Holster 16 Jul 10:48
- Roughwaters44 favorited Sword Holster 08 Jul 04:30
- nina.eriksen.90834 added Sword Holster to To-make 06 Dec 21:11
- PrettyCure favorited Sword Holster 05 Dec 11:13
- maria s. favorited Sword Holster 04 Nov 21:22
- Alex Poser added Sword Holster to Costuming 11 Jan 01:54
- jenn l. favorited Sword Holster 07 Jan 06:17
- Abbey B. favorited Sword Holster 19 Nov 04:32
Fold over far right edge and line up with angled bottom left edge, slightly overlapped. Stitch together. Sew reinforcing X stitches at top and bottom of belt slit. You can add a drop of glue on the back at each of these points as well for some additional strength.
Note: This is made for a right handed sword fighter, to be worn on the left. If you are left handed, flip the pattern over.