Craft a unique, swirly paper flower
I made these paper flowers few months ago and it was really appreciated by many crafters and others.
I've been posting jewelry tutorials here but I thought that I should start posting other tutorials as well.
I hope everyone likes the flower. Enjoy ^_^
- Muhaiminah Faiz commented on Swirly Paper Flowers to Love these...you are quite creative! 28 Aug 05:55
- Siana favorited Swirly Paper Flowers 28 Aug 04:06
- cz5gifts commented on Swirly Paper Flowers 28 Aug 02:49
- Rose K. favorited Swirly Paper Flowers 26 Aug 01:46
- heather.thorley.7 added Swirly Paper Flowers to Projects to do 21 Aug 13:32
- Laura B. favorited Swirly Paper Flowers 15 Aug 14:58
- Lee B. favorited Swirly Paper Flowers 15 Aug 04:33
- Heather H. favorited Swirly Paper Flowers 09 Aug 23:30
- peggy m. favorited Swirly Paper Flowers 03 Aug 01:04
- alexa v. favorited Swirly Paper Flowers 29 Jul 21:42
You can use colored craft paper for making these flowers but I used customized colored papers.
You can paint the papers with the colors of your choice and create beautiful shades to make the flowers look prettier.
First, you have to cut the colored paper into strip of at least 2 inches width and length of your choice,
Mine was 2 X 8 inches.
Make a thin fold along any one of the vertical edges of the strip.
Cut the paper strip horizontally but not all the way through.
Leave the thin folded area intact.
Try to keep all the fringes equal and as thin as possible.
Start rolling each strips from its end, one by one
Roll the strips all the way to the other end,
This step takes time but it's the most important step.
Make sure the swirls turn out fine.
You can use a stick for the stem or make one by yourself with paper. Color the stem with green paint.
Take the swirly-fringed paper and apply glue along the intact part of the paper,
Wrap the glued area of the swirly-fringed paper on the green rolled paper or stick (stem),
Start gluing it from the top of the stem carefully rolling it towards the bottom of the stem. Keep rolling (and gluing) until the swirly paper ends
Use green craft papers for making the leaves.
Cut a small piece ( 2 X 3 inches) green paper,
Fold the paper in 1 cm accordion fold.
Use scissor to cut any one side into a pointy shape,
Unfold the paper and glue it around the stem, below the paper flower.
I love how these flowers turn out. can't say no to swirls ^_^