Craft a unique, swirly paper flower
I made these paper flowers few months ago and it was really appreciated by many crafters and others.
I've been posting jewelry tutorials here but I thought that I should start posting other tutorials as well.
I hope everyone likes the flower. Enjoy ^_^
- Dayna D. favorited Swirly Paper Flowers 23 Nov 10:25
- CreativeGirl79 favorited Swirly Paper Flowers 15 Nov 02:12
- Mariah E. favorited Swirly Paper Flowers 14 Nov 23:01
- MamaMindy added Swirly Paper Flowers to Paper Tutorials 11 Nov 22:51
- Risa.Hanae (JapZilla) favorited Swirly Paper Flowers 06 Nov 04:17
- Anaïs M. added Swirly Paper Flowers to Projects 03 Nov 21:42
- Lisa L. favorited Swirly Paper Flowers 15 Oct 03:52
- Maddy W. favorited Swirly Paper Flowers 26 Sep 15:06
- Sarah S. added Swirly Paper Flowers to Cheap things to try 20 Sep 22:55
- Muhaiminah Faiz replied to a comment on her project Swirly Paper Flowers 28 Aug 05:55
You can use colored craft paper for making these flowers but I used customized colored papers.
You can paint the papers with the colors of your choice and create beautiful shades to make the flowers look prettier.
First, you have to cut the colored paper into strip of at least 2 inches width and length of your choice,
Mine was 2 X 8 inches.
Make a thin fold along any one of the vertical edges of the strip.
Cut the paper strip horizontally but not all the way through.
Leave the thin folded area intact.
Try to keep all the fringes equal and as thin as possible.
Start rolling each strips from its end, one by one
Roll the strips all the way to the other end,
This step takes time but it's the most important step.
Make sure the swirls turn out fine.
You can use a stick for the stem or make one by yourself with paper. Color the stem with green paint.
Take the swirly-fringed paper and apply glue along the intact part of the paper,
Wrap the glued area of the swirly-fringed paper on the green rolled paper or stick (stem),
Start gluing it from the top of the stem carefully rolling it towards the bottom of the stem. Keep rolling (and gluing) until the swirly paper ends
Use green craft papers for making the leaves.
Cut a small piece ( 2 X 3 inches) green paper,
Fold the paper in 1 cm accordion fold.
Use scissor to cut any one side into a pointy shape,
Unfold the paper and glue it around the stem, below the paper flower.
I love how these flowers turn out. can't say no to swirls ^_^