Simple yet still romantic
We've all become familiar with the hooped bed canopy, using a large hoop and draping the fabric accordingly. Alas, that uses a lot more fabric for a more dramatic effect (say, covering your entire bed instead of the headboard area).
This is a different bed canopy technique that requires a little less fabric (unless you want more fabric, which you are free to do) and is easy to install - and it's no sew. This projected was under $20 for me. To keep this project "nice 'n' simple" it's advised that you get a helping set of hands.
- choco s. favorited Swagged Tent Canopy 05 Feb 20:38
- CraftJitsu added Swagged Tent Canopy to My Dream House 28 Jan 14:32
- noraknickers added Swagged Tent Canopy to DIY Betsy Johnson 03 Jun 23:53
- Lee Rose added Swagged Tent Canopy to Vardo 16 Mar 23:17
- Lee Rose added Swagged Tent Canopy to Vardo 14 Mar 19:23
- Rachel F. favorited Swagged Tent Canopy 28 Sep 22:18
- CountessAudronasha added Swagged Tent Canopy to Dracula's room 24 Aug 20:04
- Agresija favorited Swagged Tent Canopy 23 Aug 13:41
- Valerie R. favorited Swagged Tent Canopy 28 Jun 20:52
- Irene Wildfox added Swagged Tent Canopy to Home 09 Jun 14:40
Plan the position of the brackets. You want a tent-like shape, so the longest bracket should be the highest up and the shortest should be lower AND LEVEL. Make sure that the lower brackets are level to each other (and try to make the shape out to be isosceles, or at best, equilateral :/ ). To mark your positions, mark a dot on the wall through the holes provided in the brackets. Use a pencil, since it might take some time to get the right position (Tip: I started with the highest bracket). To make this easier, get your helping hands outs (a brother is suitable).
Now you may fill in the void however you wish. Hang a pretty wall decoration under the canopy, like a wire structure or a mirror or some wall candles (be wary of fire hazards). Hang ornaments or candle holders from the wire brackets (again, be wary of fire hazards). I hung my sari lantern from the top most bracket. This type of canopy is great for daybeds like mine. Now you can sit and relax like a queen as you watch your helping hands being "punished" for being an ingrate by your servants, for, I don't know, eating the last cupcake. >:]