a super simple and free upcycle for a boring file cabinet
Here's a super simple way to upcycle a boring metal file cabinet.
- Miss_Fit favorited Super Simple File Cabinet Upcycle 10 May 18:41
- boot b. commented on Super Simple File Cabinet Upcycle 29 Jan 00:45
- elaina.nattrass added Super Simple File Cabinet Upcycle to Misc 21 Jan 19:31
- Jello favorited Super Simple File Cabinet Upcycle 17 Dec 05:04
- wendy t. favorited Super Simple File Cabinet Upcycle 11 Dec 04:50
- Kayleigh M. favorited Super Simple File Cabinet Upcycle 09 Dec 15:26
- bonii.thomson favorited Super Simple File Cabinet Upcycle 31 Aug 03:25
- Nini D. favorited Super Simple File Cabinet Upcycle 10 Aug 01:32
- Bakewells favorited Super Simple File Cabinet Upcycle 04 Aug 14:17
- Art Maniac favorited Super Simple File Cabinet Upcycle 12 Jul 16:18
During our office remodel, I was watching paint dry - no joke - and looked at our plain white metal file cabinet in the middle of the room and thought, "I can do better than that." So, off I went to my junk collection closet and pulled out some wallpaper samples that I like to collect for when that 'perfect project' inspiration hits.
I like to take a few wallpaper samples each time I visit my local home builder's store. I've got a nice little collection now. There are multiple papers inside each of those rolls.
After a quick cleaning of the lower part of the cabinet with a Mr. Clean magic eraser (which of course I have to bring back with me each time I visit the U.S. since we don't have them here in Sweden yet), I cut the wallpaper to the size of the cabinet drawer fronts. Then it was time to arrange the papers by using tape and switching them around until I was happy.
Next came a kitchen sponge to smear on some good ol' fashioned glue (like Elmer's), straight onto the cabinet.
Up went the wallpaper piece, and out came an exacto knife to slice off those extra bits hanging over the edges.
Ta-dah! Here she is - all dressed up and nowhere to go. But she does has a fresh new space to stand in.
Visit my blog at www.bluevelvetchair.blogspot.com to see the office makeover in progress and many more inspiring projects and tutorials.