Embroider an adorable sugar skull brooch.
- debbie s. favorited Sugar Skull Brooch 29 Oct 21:28
- catherine.reynolds.944 added Sugar Skull Brooch to Inspirations 08 Aug 23:06
- Jennifer Olivarez favorited Sugar Skull Brooch 30 Jul 15:18
- Britty favorited Sugar Skull Brooch 24 Jul 07:21
- mmotse03 favorited Sugar Skull Brooch 14 Apr 10:29
- C G. favorited Sugar Skull Brooch 22 Mar 18:13
- Joanna C. added Sugar Skull Brooch to Misc 16 Mar 03:39
- Christine B. favorited Sugar Skull Brooch 10 Mar 13:12
- WS W. favorited Sugar Skull Brooch 23 Feb 00:26
- BluGinhm favorited Sugar Skull Brooch 14 Feb 16:34
Start by making your templates. You'll need a simple skull head, a circle for the eye and a heart shape for the nose.
Cut two of the heads out of white felt. I managed to get white felt with a sparkle which made it look even more like sugar.
Now cut out the eyes and nose from the black felt. Thread up your needle with hot pink thread.
Stitch around the eye.
Attach the other eye in the same way and stitch on the nose.
Use blue thread to stitch the skulls teeth and bone structure.
Use pink felt to stitch the gums and add some flower decorations around the face and a cross in between the eyes.
Sew a brooch back on to the second felt skull.
Use black thread to add a few swirls around the face and extra dotted details around the eyes.
Place one skull on top of the other and stitch together around the edges.
Add some gems in to the middle of the eyes and around the rest of the face.