Fresh Pizza, no oven needed!
I was craving a pizza, a fresh crispy pizza. None of that frozen stuff they dare call pizza. I wanted the real deal, but sadly I don't own an oven. So looked for a way to make a fresh pizza without an oven or a microwave. I read somewhere that in India they make pizzas in cast iron skillets. I decided to give it a go and it worked!
- zalikakilah added Stove Top Pizza to Cooking 14 Aug 17:42
- zalikakilah favorited Stove Top Pizza 14 Aug 17:42
- Agnes S. favorited Stove Top Pizza 14 Jun 15:55
- Sanelle G. added Stove Top Pizza to To Do List 20 Feb 00:00
- FrankieStein favorited Stove Top Pizza 16 Feb 06:53
- buttercup303 favorited Stove Top Pizza 11 Feb 16:35
- Shantelle t. added Stove Top Pizza to gifts 08 Dec 15:19
- Shantelle t. added Stove Top Pizza to food!! 02 Oct 00:37
- buttercup303 added Stove Top Pizza to foodies 16 Sep 08:34
- leksee.swenson favorited Stove Top Pizza 03 Aug 17:41
In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt. Add the oil. Gradually add the water while you mix the ingredients, mix until you can form a ball with the mixture. Mixture should not be sticky.
Knead over a floured surface for a few minutes, between 3-4 minutes.
Grease your skillet, I suggest using a cast iron skillet because it distributes the heat better, but I sud a non-stick pan and it worked too. You can use whatever you like for greasing, I used PAM Baking spray.
Roll out your dough and place it on the skillet, like a pie crust leaving some crust for the borders. I dont have a roller, so I used a big jar.
Now fill your pizza with the ingredients you prefer. My veggie pizza has tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, green peppers, onions, a bit of grated Parmesan cheese and parsley.
Place on the stove in low heat, you want the cheese to melt and the veggies to soften before the crust gets toasted.
Cover your pizza and let cook from 10 to 20 minutes depending on the thickness of your crust. Mine were pretty thin so it took about 10 minutes. I brushed a little of butter on the crust that showed on the top so it would look more golden.
Now that it's done, just take out of the fire, slice and enjoy!