Personalized post that's also art
I like to stitch cards and postcards to make greetings that are a little bit different. It's another way to use up scraps of fabric, lace and buttons. This one went off as a thank-you to our hosts during a recent trip to Holland.
This is a very easy way to mount a small, stitched piece of art and turn it into a postcard or mini wall hanging.Posted by Nini from Somerset, England, United Kingdom • Published June 28, 2012 • See Nini's 4 projects »
- Regina K. favorited Stitched Postcards 22 Sep 19:46
- PottyPendleton commented on Stitched Postcards 12 Jul 16:53
- PottyPendleton favorited Stitched Postcards 12 Jul 16:52
- Tabby favorited Stitched Postcards 13 Apr 00:03
- Lynda M. favorited Stitched Postcards 12 Dec 16:43
- Nini entered Stitched Postcards to Sublime Floss Contest 07 Dec 00:04
- najwa.badarozzaman favorited Stitched Postcards 06 Nov 14:22
- GothicYolita favorited Stitched Postcards 28 Jul 04:24
- Zoe M. favorited Stitched Postcards 20 Jul 19:35
- Garmi H. favorited Stitched Postcards 17 Jul 12:42
Stitch an image or a message on to lightweight fabric.
Cut out a piece of heavy card stock with a craft knife or utility knife to mount it on (I use the backing from used sketch pads.) The heavy card should be about an inch (3 cm) smaller than the image area of your fabric art.
Place the artwork image side down on a table then place the heavy card on top of it making sure it's positioned in the center. Place a piece of double sided tape along two opposite edges of the heavy card stock.
Starting in the middle of one edge, pull the artwork over the card so it sticks to the tape, then stick the rest of that edge and repeat on the opposite side.
Follow by sticking the remaining two edges in the same way.
Neaten up the corners and tape them down flat with normal tape.
Add a ribbon by gluing the two ends down at the top. (The ribbon will be sandwiched between the mounted art and the backing.)
Cut a normal piece of card stock out slightly smaller than the mounted artwork. Put craft glue around each edge and place it over the back of the mounted art.
Place a book on top to help it dry flat or put clothes pegs around the edges.
Now post it off and make the recipient smile :)