Put a spring in your step with this bright and colourful statement jewellery set.
Lengths of chain are joined with jump rings to create loops with wire wrapped squares as the focal point. Folded ribbon is made into delicate flowers, with trimmed pieces of ribbon added throughout the necklace to add a splash of colour. An attractive bracelet is made by adding roses to the centre of wire wrapped squares and squeezing into place.
- Rachel B. favorited Springtime Ribbon Flowers 15 Aug 18:12
- Donna W. favorited Springtime Ribbon Flowers 10 Mar 02:14
- Tierney R. favorited Springtime Ribbon Flowers 17 Oct 07:59
- jen s. favorited Springtime Ribbon Flowers 06 Oct 14:55
- Raven B. added Springtime Ribbon Flowers to Xmas presents 17 Aug 09:52
- cristinakilljoyway favorited Springtime Ribbon Flowers 18 Mar 18:09
- jaclyn.koerber favorited Springtime Ribbon Flowers 30 Sep 16:44
- tyler t. favorited Springtime Ribbon Flowers 02 Aug 03:05
- angel.hackney1978 favorited Springtime Ribbon Flowers 15 Jul 13:10
You Will Need
Cut 30cm each of pink and white ribbon. Fold it in half and make an “L” shape. Next, take the half of the ribbon that’s pointing down and fold it over so it’s pointing up. You need to fold the ribbon on top of itself, alternating ribbon ends. Always alternate the two pieces of ribbon. Keep the ribbon pinched together. Fold the ribbon together until you reach the end.
Still holding the ribbon tightly, place a crimp with the loop end at the top as close to the underneath of the flower as you can. Using flat nosed pliers squeeze both sides of the crimp one at a time. Trim the ribbon at an angle leaving one tail 3cm longer. Put the scrap ribbon aside. Make three more flowers.
Cut 30cm of chain. Open a 7mm jump ring, attach the end link of the chain to the bottom left corner of the left square. Loop around and attach the other end with a jump ring to the bottom right corner of the square. Cut 22cm and 18cm, join the ends with a jump ring and attach to the bottom corner of the left square. Repeat for the right side.
Cut 5cm of each coloured scrap ribbon, fold in half. Put the folded end into the crimp with the loop at the top and squeeze flat. Trim the ribbon at an angle about 2mm from the crimp. Make 5 more. Join with a 5mm jump ring to the chain at random intervals. Join one flower to the jump ring at the bottom left side of your right hand square.