no-sew spine cut style vest
This is a great way to customize your clothes that are too big, too small, discoloured or just damn right horrible to create something unique.
I know this has been done many times before, but I really liked how this one came out and I thought I should share it with you :)
- Rhonda G. favorited Spine Cut Vest No Sew 20 Aug 20:06
- Len favorited Spine Cut Vest No Sew 01 Jun 20:44
- Patriece G. favorited Spine Cut Vest No Sew 26 Jan 11:52
- Helen Long favorited Spine Cut Vest No Sew 26 Dec 04:58
- rheaghan favorited Spine Cut Vest No Sew 22 Dec 19:37
- Caitlin K. favorited Spine Cut Vest No Sew 20 Nov 05:54
- Kezia A. favorited Spine Cut Vest No Sew 03 Nov 15:37
- Maxine M. added Spine Cut Vest No Sew to To-make list 31 Oct 05:18
- Rikki L. favorited Spine Cut Vest No Sew 03 Oct 13:08
- Modern Myth Angel favorited Spine Cut Vest No Sew 19 Sep 12:41
So to start, take a old/new top and fold it in half on a flat surface.
I choose a t-shirt that was far too big and sliced off the sleeves :)
Next you want to take a sharp pair of scissors and carefully cut straight even lines. You can mark this out first if that would help you...
Once you have completed all the cuts in the design that you want, unfold the shirt onto a flat surface again and you will notice that you will have something like this...there is no wrong way! :)
Next you want to take each opening, one at a time, and gently stretch the material.
This will cause the fabric to roll creating strings!
After you have stretched the fabric, it should look something along the lines of this... :)
Now this is the tricky part, or some would say.
Always taking the SECOND string, loop the string over the one below and continue all the way to the bottom, as if you were descending a staircase!
This will create a nice neat trim at the edges :) These steps are optional!
After you have weaved to your desire, (a few more would also look nice) that's it!
Nice quick and easy none sewing tutorial to create an awesome spine cut vest!