Give your old socks a new life with some love and leftover yarn!
During the winter, I always wear thick knitted socks. Socks these days have a rough life, grinding against the inside of slightly too big shoes (they need to be big otherwise you wont stay warm) and in the end, they break. Mine always break at the heels. I can't throw stuff away (which is a curse, just ask my family) so I decided to redo a pair of old socks into spats. Why? Because I love spats. And because I wanted to know if it was possible. It was.
I finished off the raw edge by crocheting around it and I decorated some as well. I had to try and fix some of the heel by stitching, hence the slightly pink heels. If your socks is less broken, it might take around two hours. Mine did take longer because of the stitching.
The pictures are taken by my sister. On the full body picture you can see how I have matched the spats with other projects I've made.Posted by EmmaThePrincess from • Published June 2, 2013 • See EmmaThePrincess's 21 projects »
- EmmaThePrincess entered Spats From Wornout Socks to Kigurumi Shop 18 Mar 20:17
- EmmaThePrincess entered Spats From Wornout Socks to Ugly Christmas Sweater 30 Nov 21:41
- rebekah.cook.146 added Spats From Wornout Socks to Socks 04 Oct 02:22
- aradevon added Spats From Wornout Socks to DIY Ideas 01 Sep 21:55
- Ravens Trove added Spats From Wornout Socks to Accessories and Footwear 03 Jun 03:46
- Ravens Trove favorited Spats From Wornout Socks 03 Jun 03:46
EmmaThePrincess posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!