A cute sloth made out of a pair of socks!
I was browsing the Sock Dreams website for some inspiration for a contest entry when I saw a pair of Sloth Socks (http://www.sockdreams.com/products/socks/sock-it-to-me/sock-it-to-me-sloths:11515).
This inspired me to make my very on Sock Sloth! He was fairly simple to make and turned out to be quite cute, if I do say so myself. He has velcro on his paws, which means that he can hang from just about any object (such as the dining room chair, or my arm, on which he is depicted in the photo). I think he's a nice change from the ol' sock monkey. :)
- Rose K. favorited Sock Sloth 18 Aug 13:48
- Kierra O. added Sock Sloth to Sale? 12 Jul 20:55
- Gina favorited Sock Sloth 23 Jun 22:26
- XSaekoXchanX favorited Sock Sloth 19 Jun 18:09
- Chaos favorited Sock Sloth 03 Jun 22:13
- Nancy! added Sock Sloth to 365 02 Jun 18:54
- rosie.rivera.7 favorited Sock Sloth 31 May 12:09
- kate.wilson.372 favorited Sock Sloth 26 May 09:36
- Ksew added Sock Sloth to To-make list 24 May 04:14
- Suse RevoluzZza favorited Sock Sloth 19 May 06:36
Turn your sock inside out. Pin the leg area of your sock flat, with a row of pins down the centre.
Sew from the heel of the sock up, foot-width from the row of pins. Round the end just before the end of the sock. Repeat on the opposite side.
Cut down the centre of these strips, separating them, and cut off the end area of the sock. Turn the sock right-side out from the small hole between the legs.
Cut out a piece of felt for the face. Add two holes for safety eyes.
Add brown patches around the eye area.
Add a nose.
Stitch on a small mouth, and attach face to toe of sock. Stuff sock.
Add safety eyes.
Repeat steps 1 - 3 on the other sock, cutting the sock off at the heel and turning and stuffing each limb separately.
Sew the arms onto the sloth's body.
Add patches of velcro to each of the sloth's paws.
Add claws to each of the sloth's paws.