sock platypus Okay, so you have to understand that I was going for the cartoony looking platypus lol. He was the first one I've made, so I was making it up as I was making the tutorial.
- Allia C. favorited Sock Platypus Thingy 11 Jul 00:33
- rosie.rivera.7 favorited Sock Platypus Thingy 04 May 19:49
- Tori K. favorited Sock Platypus Thingy 13 Dec 23:52
- DocDoolittle favorited Sock Platypus Thingy 15 Nov 05:23
- kimberly.hodges.5059 favorited Sock Platypus Thingy 07 Nov 12:36
- Jessica H. favorited Sock Platypus Thingy 18 Oct 16:19
- Samantha C. favorited Sock Platypus Thingy 01 Sep 00:16
- Maemi.Gojo added Sock Platypus Thingy to Plushies 02 Jun 07:34
- kelly.koopman added Sock Platypus Thingy to Plushies 15 Apr 13:54
- gothicguppy favorited Sock Platypus Thingy 24 Mar 21:57
Cut your sock into thirds, then remove the heel.
Fold the foot part flat like the sock would be if you were wearing it. Sew across the toe part to make the bill.
Stuff your sock and sew its back seam shut. Then, cut the corners off of the platypus bill and sew shut. Then to get rid of the corners where the toe of the sock was, I pushed the corners into the sock and sewed the seam into the sock.
Take the middle section of your sock and cut a strip about 2/3 across for the tail. Round the corners on one side.
Flip inside out and sew from the end of the tail all the way down the side to make a pocket. Flip the pocket right side out and sew it shut.
Now for the last part of your sock, this is going to be the legs.
Fold lengthwise into thirds and cut a strip. Fold the strip into thirds and cut on the creases. Then, fold the remaining 2/3 of the sock and cut a piece out the same size as the other 3 legs.
Fold each piece inside out and sew it into a pocket. Then flip right side out, stuff, and sew shut. I made each of the 4 legs a step to show what to do for each leg.
Now for that strip of fabric leftover from the tail section. Fold into fourths, and cut accordingly. Then fold each piece inside out and draw your foot design on each piece. (I only did two toes because I'm lazy today) Sew up the side, across the top, and back down the other side. Flip right side out and sew shut.
Now you are going to sew the feet onto the bottoms of your platypus' stumpy legs.
Sew the button eyes on, then sew his legs on. I like the use the eyes as a guideline to where it's legs will go.
And finally, your awkward looking sock platypus is complete!