Make a Sock Dog!
Super cute, a little time consuming but pretty easy. All you need is a pair of socks you don't mind cutting up and some patience. I got this from a craft magazine years ago.
- e p. favorited Sock Dog 03 Nov 00:55
- Kierra O. added Sock Dog to Sale? 12 Jul 21:26
- diana.k.jabari added Sock Dog to fav 20 Jun 13:21
- L M. added Sock Dog to Want to make 17 May 10:29
- Monika Gottindottir added Sock Dog to The Spoiling Auntie 13 May 20:08
- rosie.rivera.7 favorited Sock Dog 04 May 19:47
- Despina V. favorited Sock Dog 27 Apr 13:18
- aja b. favorited Sock Dog 04 Mar 17:54
- LaAlex added Sock Dog to Animals Peluches 25 Feb 00:09
- LaAlex favorited Sock Dog 25 Feb 00:09
First, get your pair of socks and put one aside for now. We're going to be working on one sock at a time.
This first sock will be the body of the dog. Turn the sock inside out and cut the end off. However much space you cut from the heel will determine how long the legs are. As you see on this sock dog in the picture his legs are going to be pretty long but cutting it closer to the heel of the sock will make little stubby legs that are just as cute.
Now turn over the sock so the heel is laying up and flatten it out a bit. Cut the sock in half all the up to the heel. These will be the back legs of the dog.
Now sew up the two legs and turn him rightside out again, leaving a small hole between the legs to stuff. Make sure you pack the stuffing in pretty good so he's solid then sew the hole between the legs.
The last step on the first sock is to make a little crease at the head end and sew it into place. This is so when you make the head you will have something to mount it on.
Now get the other sock and turn it inside out then cut it just like this. The tip of the sock will become the ears, the heel of the other sock will become the head. Again, however close you cut the material will determine the length of his snout and neck. The rest of the sock will become the legs and tail.
Now you get to sew up all those pieces, turn it rightside out then stuff them. Leave the neck of the head open.
Now you are going to pull the head over the little mount you made on the other sock and sew it into place.
The last part is sewing the legs, ears and tail into place.
Using cute buttons you can give him a sweet little face. You're done!