Quick and easy gift for the wine drinker in all of us!
Super easy and cute!
Picking out the fabric is the hardest part!
- Jax L. favorited Slip On Wine Glass Coaster 22 Jul 18:35
- angela.waterbury.7 favorited Slip On Wine Glass Coaster 01 May 16:38
- marilyn.steckly favorited Slip On Wine Glass Coaster 21 Apr 04:25
- TK Rainy favorited Slip On Wine Glass Coaster 05 Jul 22:53
- Khayotikk added Slip On Wine Glass Coaster to To-Do 29 Jun 23:12
- Khayotikk favorited Slip On Wine Glass Coaster 29 Jun 23:11
- Miss_Fit added Slip On Wine Glass Coaster to Next Steps 25 May 20:42
- sarah t. favorited Slip On Wine Glass Coaster 11 Nov 16:58
- greenpaintedrose favorited Slip On Wine Glass Coaster 29 Jul 16:22
Start by picking out matching fabrics you want to use to make a set or just pick out random scrap fabrics. This is the hardest part!
Next you want to cut out 1 square of fabric for each coaster. The size is going to depend on how big the base of the stemware is. In my case I used 8" by 8" squares which fit most wine glasses. For a smaller glass or champange flute, I used 7" by 7" squares.
(You should probably make a sample first to make sure they will fit)
Fold each square diagonally in half with right sides together. Stitch along the short edges with a 1/4" seam allowance and don't forget to leave an opening to turn (about a 1.5" opening) approx. in the middle of one short edge. Clip the corners.
Then you need to turn the piece inside out, with right sides showing. Be sure to push out all the corners so they are nice and sharp. Then Press. (don't worry about closing the opening, we will do it later on)
If you want to jazz it up a bit, add a decorative stitch to the long diagonal egde like I did!
Bring up one of the corners to the middle point of the piece and press.
Repeat with the other corner. Now you should have a square with a diagonal opening (decorative stitching) down the middle.
Now all you have to do is top-stitch, close to the edge, along all four sides (this is where the opening from earlier is closed up)
Go slip it on your favorite wine glass, pop the cork, and drink away! Don't worry, if you have too much and slosh, your new cute coaster will catch the mess for ya!
P.S. They are washable!!!
Repeat with all the other squares you cut out for a whole set!