Resize your baggy jeans in to a pair of skinny jeans!
Skinny Jeans cost so much in the stores, why spend $$$ when you can make them yourself :P
I go to thirft stores/good will stores and buy jeans then just sew them up myself!Posted by Mia from United States • Published January 16, 2008 • See Mia's 4 projects »
- Crafterella added Skinny Jeans to Kirsten Stewart 07 Jul 15:15
- JesikaAce90 favorited Skinny Jeans 27 Jan 03:25
- Elizabeth T. added Skinny Jeans to Random Ideas 11 Jan 16:20
- Lacey Jean added Skinny Jeans to To Do with my Jeans 28 Dec 23:19
- kaitlyn d. favorited Skinny Jeans 08 Dec 00:51
- Melissa G. favorited Skinny Jeans 03 Dec 06:39
- ThatInkdChick favorited Skinny Jeans 17 Nov 18:16
- Zombie Babe added Skinny Jeans to new wardrobe 30 Sep 01:05
- Eva A. added Skinny Jeans to Projects to try out 08 Sep 19:56
- ~Mari~ added Skinny Jeans to Clothes 01 Sep 06:11
Turn your jeans inside out then put them on.
*click image to see full size
Sit down, make sure your legs are flat and that the pants legs are straightened out.
Draw a line from the bottom of the pants leg to the thigh (I usually just go all the way up to the crotch area). What your doing is your drawing the line your going to sew on, so make sure it isn’t too close too your leg (so that its not too tight) or too far (so that it‘s not too loose). Make sure you can get your foot in and out of the pants hole too.
*Click the image to see the full size.
It should look like something like this after you‘ve draw the line (just pretend the jeans in the pic are inside out :p)
Once you’ve got your lines drawn, you can start sewing along them. One leg first, then the other.
If your sewing by hand be sure to check (try them on) every now and then to see if they fit okay. If they don’t you’ll have to redraw your line and possibly start over.
When you finish sewing up both pants legs try them on.
If they fit then you can take some scissors and cut off the excess jeans.
After cutting them: To keep the parts thats left from fraying, you can stich them up. (thanks tama_sempai!)
Turn them back out. They should look something like this:
YAY you made some skinny jeans! Now wear them!