A few weeks ago, my friend Chaz asked me to help her whip up one of her cosplay outfits for this yearâ€™s Alcon and, being the glutton for punishment that I am, I said yes :P
The costume is a mixture of altered, made and downright bought items, including that gorgeous purple wig, of which I am suitably envious. Iâ€™ve figured the time I spent working out patterns into the total time (I drafted the skirt and collar myself), although itâ€™s only a rough guess â€“ I worked on it on and off for about two weeks, and Chaz did various bits like drawing up the paper pattern for the skirt and making the bow (and sewing on some of the millions of press studs!)
Iâ€™m not the world's best seamstress and there are plenty of little niggly things that arenâ€™t quite right with it, but it held up at the con and Iâ€™m hoping itâ€™ll last a bit longer yet. It's also not 100% accurate to the uniform in the show, for various reasons (including silly dye-leeching green fabric). It is, however, close enough... And I now really, REALLY want to make my own uniform, because my previous attempt at a collar (made for freshersâ€™ week at university last year) looks rather sorry for itself compared to this!
*Although I made up the skirt pattern and construction as I went along, this tutorial was quite helpful as a starting point: http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/pleated-skirt-2
Comments and questions are always welcome :)