Recycle dry tree sticks into a beautiful lampshade I made this lampshade few years ago, when I used to spend time reading fairy-tales ^_^ This lampshade sure create a 'fairy-tale' atmosphere when it's lit. The shade is really easy to make, doesn't cost much nor takes much time so give it a try, you'll love it :)
- Muhaiminah Faiz entered Rustic Lampshade to Printstagram 26 Jul 16:35
- Chrissy-Pie favorited Rustic Lampshade 17 Jul 20:16
- George S. favorited Rustic Lampshade 10 Jul 10:00
- kkit12 favorited Rustic Lampshade 08 Jul 19:14
- heather r. added Rustic Lampshade to To-make list 07 Jul 19:25
- Riya K. favorited Rustic Lampshade 06 Jul 10:33
- SilverM0on favorited Rustic Lampshade 05 Jul 04:46
- greenstyle favorited Rustic Lampshade 05 Jul 03:40
- Isabela P. favorited Rustic Lampshade 03 Jul 17:08
- abigail.ponchillia favorited Rustic Lampshade 01 Jul 16:53
First of all, collect dry tree sticks and branches. It's better to collect sticks with small branches. The branches create beautiful shades.
After collecting the sticks and branches cut them into manageable sizes.
Cut out a cardboard strip, roll it and glue the sides. This rolled cardboard strip will be the base of the shade.
Now start gluing the sticks and branches around the cardboard.
Try keeping the branches faced outside, or more precisely in the opposite direction of the center.
Cover the whole rolled cardboard with the sticks and branches.
Use small sticks to cover the small gaps between branches.
Cut out small flowers out of colored paper.
Simply glue them randomly on the branches of the shade.
Use bright colored papers for the flowers.
To make the lamp you'll need cardboard, plug, wire, bulb holder and bulb.
Connect the wire with the plug and the bulb holder, test if it works.
Cut 4 pieces of cardboard smaller than the shade because the shade's suppose to cover the lamp.
I've numbered the cardboard pieces for the base in the picture.
Place 1 at the bottom and glue 2,3 on the top of it.
Take the plug (along with the wire) through the 4th piece and then glue the 4th piece of cardboard with the rest.
You may place the base on something hard such as hardboard or wood.
I used a small round shaped wooden piece to adjust the base.
After completing the lighting system simply place the shade over the light fitting and turn it on to see the magic light effect ^-^