I cheated a bit by using new soap because regular bars are too big to rest on our toilet sink... I had to think of a way to make them fit.
This is a fun way to make some home made soaps! You could save and use those leftover soap. A lot of times, when soap is small enough, I just throw it, or it becomes too small and it literally, goes down the drain... mix it together, shape and use again!
- cut the soap into small pieces
- pour water on simmer in bottom part of a double boiler!
- put the soap into the top of the double boiler.
- add a little water in with the soap.
- stir soap with water continuously until soap softens.
- Add water as necessary, but only until soap is entirely mixed and is in thick paste.
- put the paste into a mold.
- Let it set until hardened