Make your own pair of shoes
How to turn old thrifted shoes into a sparkling new pair - designed by YOU!
- Meredith T. favorited Redesigned shoes 29 Jun 02:38
- kadri.kiiker favorited Redesigned shoes 31 May 10:19
- George S. favorited Redesigned shoes 29 May 01:11
- Aurelie L. added Redesigned shoes to Chaussures 14 Mar 22:01
- Stitches favorited Redesigned shoes 27 Jan 01:51
- Crafterella added Redesigned shoes to Cassie from Skins 06 Dec 00:03
- Bonnie B. added Redesigned shoes to Shoes 03 Dec 13:59
- Uguu17 favorited Redesigned shoes 21 Jul 18:40
- Jodie K. added Redesigned shoes to rings 25 Jun 02:45
- Riya K. added Redesigned shoes to to do 22 Jun 06:54
Find some old shoes in a thrift store.
Make sure the bottom can be separated from the top.
Buy some fabric, buttons and ribbon, you like.
Separate the top from the bottom using tongs and/or a screwdriver.
In this case, I found that the screws were under the sole inside the shoe.
Remember that you’re going to glue it back together later on - so it’s ok that it looks like a mess at the moment.
Fold som transparent pattern paper around the shoe and draw along the edge with a pencil.
(not illustrated - sorry)
Cut it out and pin it on some scrap fabric to make a test.
Cut the fabric 0.5 cm from the paper.
I wanted the shoes to be pleated so I simply added the extra width for the folds to the front pattern.
Pin the test fabric to one shoe, using a bunch of needles. Make it look just the way you want it to.
Do the same with the fabric you want on your final shoes.
When you’ve done one shoe, you can do the other.
Glue the ends of the fabric under the edges of the shoe.
Remove the needles.
Put the heal back on, so it covers the edges - use the screwdriver and lots and lots of glue.
Let it dry!
Decorate and WEAR :)
- et voilá!