I found the how-to for the tray on Design*Sponge. Instead of using a douple glass picture frame, I bought a regular picture frame in a thrift store. I made sure that the back would last even when heavy thing were put on the tray.
The fabric with the elephants I've had for a while, never knowing what to use it for. I think this is what it was made to be :)
This is what I did:
1) I removed what was in the frame
2) I cleaned the frame
3) I drilled two holes on each side for the handles
4) I put the fabric in the frame
5)I nailed the back on the frame
6) I screwed on the handles
7) I put tape on the nails, so they didn't look ugly
8) To prevent the tray from scratching tables, I glued on slices of the wine cork on each corner
9) I wrapped it :)
Oh.. yeah, and along the way I tested the strength of the tray. Imagine having a beautiful glass jug filled with juice on the tray, and then it breaks... That shouldn't happen!
Weak tray = more nails :)
This was a christmas present for my boyfriend's sister and her boyfriend.