An easy tutorial for a Summer scarf!Posted by Katelyn W. from • Published July 18, 2012 • See Katelyn W.'s 4 projects »
- Daina R. added Recycled T Shirt Scarf to nometnei 15 Jun 07:38
- Bolaa L. favorited Recycled T Shirt Scarf 16 May 17:57
- jayne h. commented on Recycled T Shirt Scarf 02 Mar 00:47
- jayne h. favorited Recycled T Shirt Scarf 02 Mar 00:45
- LaAlex added Recycled T Shirt Scarf to Sciarpe 25 Feb 22:08
- tamiep added Recycled T Shirt Scarf to Shredded Items 08 Feb 07:01
- tamiep commented on Recycled T Shirt Scarf 08 Feb 07:01
- NicoLe PyLe favorited Recycled T Shirt Scarf 23 Sep 20:43
- J.N. Cahill added Recycled T Shirt Scarf to Accessories 25 Jul 03:35
- Kathy S. favorited Recycled T Shirt Scarf 08 Jul 04:11
Find a few old t-shirts you don't wear anymore, thrift them, or buy new - but choose thin, soft material.
Lay the shirt flat on the table and cut into 1 1/2 inch strips, removing the hemmed edges.
Save the sleeves for the end - used for the final wrapping!
Organize the strips by length and gently pull on them. They naturally curl in on themselves.
Now get creative with it! Start putting the pieces together the way you want the scarf to look. Twist them, braid them, mix colors, add beads or old jewelry!
Tie together, trim ends, and wrap with excess sleeve fabric. Use a needle and thread to secure the end wrap on.