A useful bag in four easy steps
T-shirts upcycled into bags are popular (just look how many tutorials there are on here!). Here's how to make one in just four easy steps.
- Nankita favorited Quick And Easy T Shirt Bag 04 Nov 23:50
- joansmithok favorited Quick And Easy T Shirt Bag 04 Feb 05:29
- Hannah E. favorited Quick And Easy T Shirt Bag 28 Dec 23:23
- jacqueline p. favorited Quick And Easy T Shirt Bag 25 Nov 23:32
- HotPinkCrayola entered her project Quick And Easy T Shirt Bag to Evozip Contest 18 Nov 22:33
- Martha.Martin.Stocks favorited Quick And Easy T Shirt Bag 26 Oct 16:31
- Ni-chan<3 favorited Quick And Easy T Shirt Bag 07 Aug 03:00
- angel.hackney1978 favorited Quick And Easy T Shirt Bag 12 Jul 15:41
Grab your old t-shirt, the larger the better. Cut off the bottom band and stretch it out (this stops it fraying).
Cut out your design as shown by the red dashes. Try to get as much fabric as possible.
Hem the top , and then sew where shown in green. Remember to sew wrong sides together then turn it right side out after. To add extra strength, first sew a line of small running stitches, then sew a line of small zigzag stitch next to it and trim close.
Take your bottom band and cut where shown in red to give you two straps. The bigger the t-shirt was the better - I used a different XL t-shirt in my version shown above.
Sew your straps to the inside of the bag. If you use the cross pattern shown then your straps will have extra strength - match your thread to your bag colour and it won't be overly obvious.
Voila! Bag is ready for use :)