Start raiding your recycling bin!
Turn your soda can tabs into fabulous bracelets!
- Steph. favorited Pop Tab Bracelet 27 Aug 13:29
- Cassandra S. favorited Pop Tab Bracelet 20 Jun 16:09
- Mariah K. favorited Pop Tab Bracelet 10 May 16:15
- Diane C. added Pop Tab Bracelet to Library 04 May 22:24
- Diane C. favorited Pop Tab Bracelet 04 May 22:24
- Joanna C. added Pop Tab Bracelet to Pop Tabs 16 Mar 01:05
- Kassiopia favorited Pop Tab Bracelet 13 Feb 07:21
- CreativeGirl79 favorited Pop Tab Bracelet 09 Jan 03:30
- Goodbye Ducky added Pop Tab Bracelet to stake your acres 17 Dec 01:43
- Vilma T. favorited Pop Tab Bracelet 16 Dec 18:39
Gather your can tabs, cord and scissors.
Cut cord to approximately 2-1/2 feet. Then loop through the first tab, situating the tab at center of cord.
Hold another tab below your first tab, (make sure your rough edges are always facing each other, smooth side to the outside) overlapping so you can see through openings of both tabs. Thread the cord up from the bottom through both tabs, bringing top cord through top hole and bottom cord through bottom hole.
OK, now get another tab and hold it on top, overlapping as before,and this time, thread the cords through the opposite holes forming an X on top.
Another tab, held at the back and thread those cords through, top cord-top hole, bottom cord-bottom hole.
Another tab, held on top, thread cords through forming that X. Top cord-bottom hole, bottom cord-top hole.
Keep going, repeating step five and step six, alternately, until bracelet can be wrapped around your wrist and ends meet comfortably.
You need the last tab to be one placed at the back side.
Then, bring ends together and form the final X.
Turn bracelet over and thread cords under cord from previous tab.
Tie the cords in a knot and trim the ends.
Turn bracelet back over and slide it on your wrist. There should be just enough stretch to easily go over your hand and then be lightly snug on your wrist.
There's plenty of ways to embellish these bracelets, too. You can paint the tabs, use colored elastic, add beads, anything you can think of.