Getting leafy for fancy dress!
Very easy costume to make the only thing is its VERY time consuming!!! (i made it in a week before the party in my spare time!)
- Aurelie L. added Poison Ivy Costume to Déguisement 14 Mar 21:11
- jessica.boulanger.10 favorited Poison Ivy Costume 28 Jul 16:57
- Sissi favorited Poison Ivy Costume 31 May 20:14
- ShoujoMadness favorited Poison Ivy Costume 11 Jan 10:25
- elizabeth.lares favorited Poison Ivy Costume 28 Dec 03:22
- edie g. favorited Poison Ivy Costume 24 Oct 12:50
- Leslie D. favorited Poison Ivy Costume 18 Oct 05:03
- amberilyknox favorited Poison Ivy Costume 24 Jul 07:39
- Vee K. favorited Poison Ivy Costume 15 Jul 06:01
- Materialistic Girl entered Poison Ivy Costume to Lomography 22 May 08:19
To start with I found the shape of the ivy leave’s I wanted to use online and made paper templates in 3 different sizes (small, medium, large)
I found by the end if you make lots of copies of each template it’s so much easier too.
Just pin the templates on to the felt and then cut out. I used 4 different colour felt’s but that was only because I had lot’s of felt lying around.
Once leaves where cut out I then drew on the line’s to make then look more realistic. (be careful when doing this because you likely to get pen all over your fingers! )
I made a huge batch of leaves to start with and then topped up near the end but how many you need depends on how layered you make the dress!
I then put my dress onto my mannequin (im lucky to have made my own to the size of my body which shows how the garment will hang on me.) I then started from the top and worked my way down.
There are a few ways I tried to attach my leaves:
• Pin a batch on and then machine sew them on (too hard when you have lots of leaves in the way)
• Pin a batch on and then hand tack it in two or 3 places, some were tacked threw more than one leaf just to save time. (easiest way of doing it! though I did find a few pin’s I had forgotten to take out.)
• Or just sewing as u go. Didn’t bother pinning them on! (I preferred this way in the end because I couldn’t miss any leaves and didn’t leave pins in my dress!)
I did the frount!
and then the back!
and then your all done and ready to go!!!
I accessorised my dress with a red wig, read high heel’s dark green tights!!
My sewing teacher gave me the idea of using eye lash glue to stick some leaves to my skin and then use eyeliner pen as branches!! It would be like a 3D tattoo!!!