tunic cover-up-made from sheer airy scarf.
It's super easy anyone-can-do-it and perfect for summer(or rather sunny-all-year-long in here),just exactly what we need for a perfect day at beach; the tunic cover-up-made from sheer airy scarf.
- Elentine favorited Plunge Tunic Made From Scarf 08 Jul 21:34
- Susan G. favorited Plunge Tunic Made From Scarf 17 Jun 16:25
- Dee D. added Plunge Tunic Made From Scarf to clothes 05 Jun 22:00
- Aurelie L. added Plunge Tunic Made From Scarf to Robe 14 Mar 01:05
- lucy.w.collard favorited Plunge Tunic Made From Scarf 03 Feb 23:23
- Jess W. favorited Plunge Tunic Made From Scarf 19 Jan 13:12
- Zombie Babe added Plunge Tunic Made From Scarf to new wardrobe 03 Oct 10:19
- Rebecca A. favorited Plunge Tunic Made From Scarf 25 Sep 03:17
- Modern Myth Angel favorited Plunge Tunic Made From Scarf 21 Sep 16:04
- notdeadredhead favorited Plunge Tunic Made From Scarf 19 Jul 01:32
You need a scarf that is wide enough to fit you, length depend whether you want it short or long. I recommend to use stretchy fabric.
Mine is sheer stretchy with lovely paisely prints.
Fold scarf in half, and measure from shoulder to under-bust plus 1.5cm for seam allowance. Mark and cut along.This will be the bodice.
Now, take the bodice, fold it in half and cut along.
You would have two pieces of bodice
Serge or zig-zag raw edges, fold along edges and sew.
Join bodice to skirt, right sides together, leave 3cm for elastic casing ; match sides and pin towards middle,overlap two bodices to form deep V-neck, gather the loose middle. Sounds confusing? hope these pics clarify how-to.
It'd be like this:
Repeat joining as above with the other bodice
Sew both sides up to where you want the sleeve to be
For the back, I overlap and sew along 10cm, but you can leave it as it is as deep-V
Fold the casing downward and pull elastic in
And, here it is..your new plunge tunic.You sure are a beach-chic with this.
Check out my blog for more sewing projects :)