How to turn your plain planner to a cuter one
A very plain looking planner I got as a gift that I modified to suit my personality. ^_^ Materials are:
*Scrap fabric and laces
*Scarp booking materials/embellishments
*Whatever else you want to add xD
- Lunatix24 entered her project Planner Re Vamp to Kawaii Box 18 Sep 14:41
- Rachael H. added Planner Re Vamp to Books/Journals 16 Dec 09:56
- aisya.anwar.25 favorited Planner Re Vamp 04 Dec 12:39
- Miss_Fit added Planner Re Vamp to Covers 29 Mar 13:27
- Lorraine E. added Planner Re Vamp to Vintage stationary 20 Dec 22:11
- Serenity J. favorited Planner Re Vamp 07 Sep 02:40
You Will Need
Trace the cover of the planner to the scrap fabric. Since I want to conceal the original cover, I used two types of fabric. One is the black non-woven fabric (commonly used on Eco-Bags) and the second one is somewhat lace-y type. You can choose other materials like leftover gift wrappers, other types of fabric or leather. Cut the fabric along the lines.
Apply thin layer of glue carefully to the cover.
Press the first fabric onto the cover firmly.
Don't forget to cut a small hole for the snap closure. Though some planners don't have this.
Glue the second fabric onto the first one. Make sure you press it firmly to avoid bumps. It will look better when the cover is flat.
When it is completely dry, add the lace wherever you want. I put mine in the middle and front part of the cover.
Also, you might want to add (or glue) laces on the borders of the cover to conceal uneven cuts or to make sure that the fabric won't peel off easily. It's like adding a bias tape to a neckline when sewing, right? If you know what I mean... ^_^
This is the fun part! ^_^ EMBELLISHING!!!~ Anything goes...
It's done!~ It should look like this, by now. ^_^
Hope you had fun!