A bit of a throwback
Inspired by the past with a little bit of modern flare!
For the cardboard definately make sure it is light and flexible. I used a cheez-it box :-)! But you could defiantely use something like a cereal box or pop-tarts or whatever. You don't need alot so no worries if it is a smaller box.
- A L. favorited Pill Box Hat 27 Sep 10:03
- Phoenix J. added Pill Box Hat to Hats 07 Dec 21:03
- Phoenix J. favorited Pill Box Hat 07 Dec 21:03
- jasking1990 added Pill Box Hat to Stuff to Make 17 Sep 17:10
- Jaquelynn B. favorited Pill Box Hat 16 Aug 17:39
- polkadot favorited Pill Box Hat 14 Aug 22:09
- Siobhan M. added Pill Box Hat to To-make list 05 Aug 05:40
- DonnaMarie B. favorited Pill Box Hat 14 May 11:06
- angellynx favorited Pill Box Hat 27 Mar 21:50
- Lovely Lyca favorited Pill Box Hat 08 Mar 02:57
First off, grab a piece of cardboard and cut out a circle.
nothing to big, just sort of eyeball how big or small you want it on your head!My hats have a diameter of about 4 1/2 inches.
next cut a strip of cardboard about an inch wide and long enough to go around the circle.
Take a couple strips of packing tape and wind the strip of cardboard around the circle and tape it down.
cover all the outside edges with tape as well as the spot where the two pieces connect on the inside to keep the shape secure and the pieces together.
don't worry if it looks sort of crappy because you are going to cover it with fabric anyway.
Cut out a circle of fabric a little bigger then the circumfrance of the hat and hot glue it to the top and down on the sides.
cut out a long strip of fabric and hot glue it along the sides to the top and fold and hot glue underneath. Try to be as neat and precise as possible.
Since my hotgluing was not as neat as I wanted it to be, I covered my hat with lace and then added a feather
Have fun with it, and try new things!!
Aside from the black one I also covered one with newsprint and added a bow!