Being me, I think outside the box and go beyond what most people make with things like this. I didn't want to make coasters with these beads at this time, so I came up with this. It's good to store your coasters in though, among other things.
Because this turned out kinda crappy, I didn't make a lid as planned this time around. So I will be making another one with a lid later on. Enjoy.
This is the layout for my flower pattern on a round 8 1/2 cm pegboard. This is the bottom part of the container and is considered to be the first row.
Now for those of you who are familiar with this craft know how to melt the beads. Others of course would use the instructions that come with your beads.
Start the second and sixth rows (make two) in this pattern of colors. The green is for the background, but you can use a different color for your flowers.
Melt the beads per instructions, and be careful that these melt together correctly, because it's only a single line of beads, they tend to fall apart more easily than a full pegboard of beads.
And also be careful not to melt them too much or flat or it will come out like this. This is an example of a mess up. My first time doing single row, first time making a container for that matter. So this is a trial and error thing for me as it is gestimation work as well, meaning that I'm making this up as I go.
Use glue to layer them together. You can glue them as you make the rows, or make them all first them glue toghether. I used my E6000 glue. Remember, super glue does not work well with plastic because it will make a white film on it if you put too much.
Make two of this pattern for the third and fifth rows. Melt and glue.
This is your progress, making sure that you lay out the rows in a brick pattern.
Rows 2 through 6 have random shades of green.
Pattern for the fourth row, which you need only one. Melt and glue.
It should look something like this with fourth row glued on.
Add fifth row.
Add the sixth row. This is the last row of all green. This would have been part of the lid that I was going to make for this project, but since it didn't turn out so well, at least not to me it didn't, this will be the last row. Melt and glue, and you're done!