I simply cut up scraps of fabric and glued them to the existing wooden frame, careful to cover any gaps. Unfortunately the glass was already attached to the frame, so it was difficult to work close to the glass without without getting glue on it! Some sections work better than others, I may well add additional lace, ribbon and buttons in due course.
(Like a lot of my projects, this mirror has had many incarnations! The frame was cut by my Dad with the intention of being part of a radiator cover, but was unused in the end, so I painted the frame blue and starry and fixed a piece of glass to the back to use it as a mirror. It was awfully painted, so one day I decided to collage lyrics and small images into it instead. Predictably, I got bored half way through the job..
Fed up of seeing it in its sorry, incomplete state, I decided to give it a final face lift! I'm terrible for acquiring little scraps of fabric, so I thought this would be a great way of using them up. My newly decorated room is a little plain, so it's a nice splash of colour)