Paper flower made from an old book
I made this paper flower from a few pages of an old book, a little glass bead and a piece of brass wire.
I think it turned out pretty nicely :)
I'm not a native speaker so I guess there will be a few mistakes in the text and grammar but I try my best and any correction is much appreciated.
If there are any questions just ask in the comment section below.
- Lee B. favorited Paper Flower 18 Aug 02:44
- Debbie V. added Paper Flower to Flowers 24 May 16:16
- shannon.megarity commented on Paper Flower 10 May 06:10
- terina.geddes favorited Paper Flower 12 Feb 20:53
- Rachael H. added Paper Flower to Want to do! 16 Dec 01:31
- Jacqueline W. favorited Paper Flower 04 Nov 23:14
- Kinhime Dragon added Paper Flower to things to make 17 Oct 17:45
- Franky F. favorited Paper Flower 14 Oct 10:50
- ktull329 favorited Paper Flower 22 Sep 23:28
- Breanna M. favorited Paper Flower 31 May 21:50
I used a brass wire with 1mm diameter and glass beads with 5mm diameter.
The flower is about 4 inches but you can scale the petals-template in the print setting of your PDF-reader to make it a different size.
Put the bead on the wire and twist it with the pliers for two or three times.
The twisted part will be covered with the petals when you're done and it will also hold the petals in place.
Download and print template:
Cut out the petals. You will need 6 pieces of each petal shape.
I folded 2 pages twice like an accordion, put the template on top and cut it out. It is much easier than tracing/cutting each petal seperately.
Make 2 holes with a needle...
...and put the flower petals on the wire starting with the little ones.
Be careful with pushing the petal over the twist in the wire to make sure your paper doesn't crack more than necessary.
I guess this sounds a little weired because I can't explain it properly in English but I hope you will know what I mean when you're at this step in this how-to.
I bend the petals of the forth row down and the last row up again.
If you use the flower just for decoration you probably won't need the glue.
But in case the petals won't bear up you can glue a little bead with an inside diameter that fits your wire right underneath the last petal.
You're done, enjoy! :)