quick & easy tissue pouch
So I'm helping moving house and it chaotic, and I've managed to catch a cold in SUMMER? Who does that? anyways I needed tissues urgently so I decided to make me a tissue pouch - the lazy fast way, no lining and 20 mins max.
- LaAlex added No Lining Tissue Pouch to Crafty and Fabric 05 Mar 23:46
- LaAlex favorited No Lining Tissue Pouch 05 Mar 23:46
- LaAlex added No Lining Tissue Pouch to Bags 28 Feb 00:41
- aloosh a. added No Lining Tissue Pouch to Bag essentials 25 Oct 12:45
- MaxineLouise favorited No Lining Tissue Pouch 26 Aug 16:48
- Franchesca Angelou d. favorited No Lining Tissue Pouch 30 Jul 08:35
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- outer fabric 23cm (h) x 22.5cm (w)
- pre-made bias tape ~ 50cm OR 2 rectangular strips of fabric 25cm (l) x 3cm (h)
Grab the outer fabric and fold the two shorter sides into the middle. IRON.
Now grab one of the rectangular strips of fabric and fold in half and iron.
UNFOLD. Now fold the two edges of the fabric into the centre and iron again. Repeat for other piece.
UNFOLD. Now pin 'good side' of rectangular piece onto the wrong side of the outer fabric.
Sew the rectangular piece and the outer fabric together.
Flip the rectangular strip so it now has its good side facing up.IRON.
Flip the fabric over so the good side is facing up and iron down the rectangular strip as shown below.
Now topstitch the good side of the rectangular piece down, along the edge away from the folded edge. Although you can topstitch both if you like - but I'm lazy and also sick and urgently in need of tissues.
Repeat for the other edge.
Fold the fabric into the centre so the rectangular strips just meet as shown below in the picture. Now pin both sides to close the case up.
Sew the case closed.
Now turn the case the right way round and add in tissues and your done!