Removed the glass and backing, placed my old IGA flyer on the balcony and got ready to spray.
The spraying wasn't too hard, other than that it was a teeny bit windy. Remember to start spraying BEFORE the frame and end AFTER, so that you don't get the drizzly bits/drippy spots.
A painted frame, drying.
For the earring frame I very fortunately had found some mesh at Goodwill (but you can get it at a craft store).
I used the cardboard backing as a guide and voila - a perfect piece of mesh.
For some reason this is sideways, but all it shows is me putting the mesh into the dry frame. You can staple it in afterwards if you want, but my frame had metal clips to hold in the picture and they held in the mesh just fine.
These are my ceiling hooks - Peavey Mart special.
I marked off where I wanted the hooks to go and drilled out little holes before screwing in the ceiling hooks.
Pre-drilling makes it easier to insert the hooks and keeps them uniform.
Both frames, finished and full! I did make two earring frames, but one was camera shy.
Now I am working on a box for those stray bracelets you see in the picture.......