Plush Felt Pixel Heart
Plush Pixel Heart DIY
Stuff you'll need:
felt. scissors. thread. stuffing (sewing machine optional).
you could use any fabric, I used felt because it doesn't fray. If you want something washable..don't use felt..
- kylie.hannan favorited My 8 Bit Heart 04 Nov 17:50
- japheel.ledguies favorited My 8 Bit Heart 20 Aug 00:46
- Roughwaters44 favorited My 8 Bit Heart 06 Jul 09:00
- B.C. I. favorited My 8 Bit Heart 15 Jun 01:54
- heather.thorley.7 added My 8 Bit Heart to To do 05 May 16:15
- Marina L. favorited My 8 Bit Heart 21 Apr 04:59
- Maxine M. added My 8 Bit Heart to To-make list 14 Apr 15:46
- Johnna C. added My 8 Bit Heart to DIY I Need to Try! 09 Apr 05:02
- banu commented on My 8 Bit Heart 29 Mar 08:12
- Marissa favorited My 8 Bit Heart 11 Mar 19:21
plan your pixels. You could use a computer if you want to get fancy.
cut out all your felt into uniform squares. (this is important otherwise they won't fit), remember to cut two times the squares for the front and back, and one times for the side.
start sewing squares together, keep them laid out so you know what goes where, it can get confusing.
I hand-sewed the squares because they were small and fiddly, this part could go much faster on a sewing machine. I used 3x3 (centimetre) squares the total heart turned out about 22cm's (8.7 inches).
(once you have both faces sewn up, join them together inside out, leaving a small 2-3 square opening unsewn)
it will look something like this.
turn it inside out...and stuff it.
Then sew up the remaining gap in your neatest most invisible stitch.
Ta-daaa... have a break and admire your hard work.