What's cooking good-looking?
I made this for my mother because she liked the one I made for my sister so much.
Because I don't have a picture of mum wearing it, I added my sisters picture so you can see how it looks on a person.
I also made them matching slippers.
- Elaine H. commented on Mum's Cooking Apron 16 Dec 09:02
- Elaine H. favorited Mum's Cooking Apron 16 Dec 09:02
- loera design favorited Mum's Cooking Apron 17 Oct 07:12
- Bronnie G. favorited Mum's Cooking Apron 02 May 20:03
- Millie H. added Mum's Cooking Apron to Make 25 Mar 23:13
- Millie H. added Mum's Cooking Apron to To-make for myself list 25 Mar 23:12
- Teresa C. favorited Mum's Cooking Apron 03 Mar 21:12
- elarablair favorited Mum's Cooking Apron 23 Feb 18:52
- deb.mathenia favorited Mum's Cooking Apron 22 Feb 06:07
- Elizabeth B. favorited Mum's Cooking Apron 18 Dec 21:13
Start with cutting out these parts.
Part A 1 x + seam allowance
Part B 2 x + seam allowance
Part C 2 x + seam allowance
Part D 1x strip measuring 125 x 8 cm (= incl. seam allowance)
Part E 2 x strips measuring 6 x 220 cm (= incl. seam allowance)
Put parts C on each other, fabric facing each other. Sew on the top part.
Also cut out 4 pockets + seam allowance.
Sew parts A and B together like the picture is showing. (B + A + B).
Sew the pockets on each other, leave an opening at the top and turn inside out.
And sew them on the skirt.
Sew a hem on both sides of the skirt and on the bottom.
Take part C and pin strip D (measuring 125 x 8 cm) on it as shown in the picture. Only sew the part where you see the tape measure.
Do the same on the other side of part C.
Now close the strip by folding the ends inside and sew them on each other.
This is an extra picture for step 8.
To finish the top part of the apron sew the other side of the strip too.
Take both strips E and put them (good sides of fabric facing each other) down like this with part C in between. Make sure you decide the exact middel of both first.
Pin the strips together all the way from left to right (that's a lot of pins). Sew them together with part C in between them.
This is the result for step 12.
Lay down the skirt with the good side of the fabric facing down.
Put the top part of the apron on it as shown in the picture (good side of fabric facing up).
Sew the skirt on the bottom strip.
Put the apron down and pin the remaining strip on the skirt by folding the fabric inside. Start in the middle and work your way to the ends of the strips on both side.
Start in the middle and work your way to the ends of the strips on both sides.
That way you close the strips and they become a nice ribbon.
Your apron is finished!