A cute felt Linux Penguin!
My partner is pretty geeky and I found this awesome template to make a Linux Penguin. Hes is a great feature to sit on the shelf.
- English Ginger entered Mr. Tux Linux Penguin to Petits Pixels 21 Jul 13:28
- veronica f. favorited Mr. Tux Linux Penguin 01 Dec 14:19
- nikky_ favorited Mr. Tux Linux Penguin 01 Jul 14:34
- Holly D. added Mr. Tux Linux Penguin to cool 23 Jan 19:07
- English Ginger entered Mr. Tux Linux Penguin to The Animal Print Shop 08 Jan 20:56
- Katie G. added Mr. Tux Linux Penguin to To-make list 07 Jan 05:44
- Minimax added Mr. Tux Linux Penguin to Fabric 24 Dec 12:33
- Becky H. favorited Mr. Tux Linux Penguin 20 Dec 22:56
- Jess C. favorited Mr. Tux Linux Penguin 02 Dec 01:16
- English Ginger entered Mr. Tux Linux Penguin to Secret Santa 01 Dec 22:02
Using the template, I cut out all the pieces to make my Mr. Tux!
I've lost a few photos but I started by stuffing his feet and arms ready to be sewn on the body. I then sewn the belly together and attached it together onto the sides of the penguin, following with sewing on the feet and arms.
Sewing the belly part on to the sides of the penguin was the hardest for me as its a funny shape but I managed to do it after a while!
This is another view (inside out) of the belly after it was sewn onto the penguin.
I then had to sew on the beak and stuff it as I went. From there I sewed up the back of the penguin together and stuffed him along the way. The bottom was easiest as it just had to be sewn up with stuffing inside.
His arms stuck out with this pattern but I decided to just make a little stitch on the inside of his arm to the body on the side so they would stay down. I also added on the eyes afterwards as I forgot about them! Else I would of stitched his eyes on before sewing the back of the penguin up.