Wear the lunar cycle on your legs.
Inspired by Actual Pain's Lunatics Leggings: actualpain.myshopify.com (shown in the third picture)
Whenever I see something I like, I always try to make it myself :)
I used acrylic paint, but it can be substituted with fabric paint.Posted by Judy from San Jose, California, United States • Published January 16, 2013 • See Judy's 31 projects »
- moonstencils.doc.docx 124 KB [ Download ]
- Shanna G. added Moon Phase Tights to To-make list 02 May 04:03
- Shanna G. favorited Moon Phase Tights 02 May 04:03
- Hemophobic Vampire favorited Moon Phase Tights 26 Apr 03:41
- Toxic Cupcake Killjoy favorited Moon Phase Tights 12 Apr 11:12
- Maxine M. added Moon Phase Tights to To-make list 10 Apr 21:01
- Elizabeth T. added Moon Phase Tights to Doctor Who 08 Jan 22:25
- thecrazycat_ReiD added Moon Phase Tights to projects 25 Nov 10:05
- Amour-Propre favorited Moon Phase Tights 15 Sep 18:18
- Monice M. favorited Moon Phase Tights 19 May 06:26
- Danosa favorited Moon Phase Tights 07 May 04:53
Print out the template I have attached, or draw your own.
Cut out parts of the shapes to make stencils.
Fold a sheet of newspaper into thirds or fourths. This will go inside your tights/leggings.
If you want, try on your tights and mark the knees with tailor's chalk so you know where to position your stencils. Lay out some newspaper for your workspace. Then, put the newspaper you folded into the legs of the tights so that they lie flat.
Choose a moon phase and lay the stencil over your tights. Dip the sponge in the paint and dab the paint on the tights; this will create a realistic moon-like appearance.
Using the same stencil, repeat on the other leg.
Repeat steps 5-6 with the other moon phase stencils.
When you are done, let it dry completely. Then, you can take the newspaper out. :)