It's polka dots, it's so Minnie Mouse
My friends and I went to a costume party, we were with a total of 8 girls all dressed up as Minnie. Most of them bought the outfit though two of us made it ourselves.
I made these ears just in the nick of time, accidentally forgot all 'bout them.Posted by EVEnl from Schipluiden, Nederland, Netherlands • Published February 1, 2010 • See EVEnl's 299 projects »
- Crafterella added Minnie Mouse Ears to Gala Darling 28 May 12:18
- Aurelie L. added Minnie Mouse Ears to Accessoires Déguisement 14 Mar 21:29
- Linkin Logs added Minnie Mouse Ears to Cosplay 14 Jan 08:00
- orenintre favorited Minnie Mouse Ears 30 Jun 19:23
- Marleen W. added Minnie Mouse Ears to Theme 27 May 09:37
- kristy c. favorited Minnie Mouse Ears 20 Feb 02:57
- ShoujoMadness favorited Minnie Mouse Ears 11 Jan 10:30
- cristinakilljoyway favorited Minnie Mouse Ears 31 Dec 15:30
- Kat R. favorited Minnie Mouse Ears 10 Dec 06:19
- Barbara M. favorited Minnie Mouse Ears 02 Oct 00:03
take a saucer, cardboard and a pencil and trace the saucer twice, these will make up the ears.
cut the two circles out
Take your tiara base and cut piece at the bottom of the cardboard circles so that it fits the tiara and it can rest comfortably on your head.
pinch at least 8 holes in the cardboard so it holds steady when you attach it to the base with needle and thread.
Mark with a sharpie where you are going to put the ears. Attach them to the base using thick cotton thread.
Cut two circles slightly bigger than the size of the ears and glue it onto the cardboard.
Snip the excess felt, right up to the edge of the ear, about every 2 or so cm. Put glue on the outer part of the cardboard, fold the slits of felt and leave to dry for at least 10 minutes.
Cut two circles same size as the ears and glue them on top.
This is for Minnie ears
Cut two strips of fabric measuring 15cm by 8cm.
Put right sides together and sew closed leaving an opening to put fiberfill in.
Fill it up and sew it closed.
Cut two strips measuring 3cm by 6cm and sew it right sides together turn inside out and sew it together so that it forms a loop.
Pull the bow through.
Attach the bow to the tiara