I basically followed the instructions in the video (see link) with little changes here and there.
1) I found using Tacky Glue was messy and stained the satin fabric I chose to use so I went ahead and used my glue gun for the entire project.
2) I used black ribbed ribbon to cover up where the materials met therefore adding more ribbon to create a stripped design.
3) A lesson I learned was to plan ahead where the front and back is going to be so that all your seams will be in the back. One of my seams ended up in front for lack of this planning.
4) Instead of using card stock, I used a toilet paper roll. I cut off about 1 1/4 inch but you can keep it as is or cut off more for your variation. (This will make more sense when you watch the video.)
This was my first try at this project. If I can do it then so can you!