Polymer clay heart pendants
These are fun to make. I call the red one "Psychedelic Heart Pendant" because I used my left over clay from other projects. Enjoy!
- jackie c. favorited Marble Heart Pendant 20 Oct 23:28
- Sarah S. added Marble Heart Pendant to Jewelry 19 Jan 07:24
- nancy.deane.16 favorited Marble Heart Pendant 24 Aug 17:16
- Tanecia W. favorited Marble Heart Pendant 05 May 18:55
- cristinakilljoyway favorited Marble Heart Pendant 31 Dec 21:12
- Lauren W. added Marble Heart Pendant to FiMo 18 Dec 04:50
- Marianna K. favorited Marble Heart Pendant 09 Nov 21:18
- Syeyon K. commented on Marble Heart Pendant 27 Oct 08:13
- Syeyon K. commented on Marble Heart Pendant 20 Sep 02:53
Depending on how big you want your heart to be, cut the same amount for each color that you are using. You can use as many colors as you want. Make sure the clay is conditioned.
Cut up the clay in crumbles to evenly distribute the colors.
Mix colors together to your liking. If you mix (knead) it too much of course, it will blend to one color.
Roll into a ball in the palm of your hand.
Using your thumb and index finger, roll end of ball to a slight point as shown.
Lie on flat surface and press flat. Flip over to other side to press it flat as well to get a smooth surface on both sides.
Use a round tool to press into the middle. This can be a piece of a dowel cut short. Roll the tool along the edges of the heart to shape and smooth edges.
Continue shaping to your satisfaction.
I added a slight curve to the end of my heart. To do this, again with thumb and index finger, pinch the bottom of the heart and curve. Use the tool again for smoothing, which will eliminate any necessary sanding after the piece is baked.
Add metal charm, which is optional. Cut round head pin to a half inch and push into the top of your heart. Coat one side with protective finish and let dry before coating the other side. You can then add a bail if you choose.