Lip Noir: Veronica
Sultry, Glamorous, Vixen: three words that describe our Veronica. Inspired by Veronica Lake's iconic makeup, this 'Old Hollywood' look with a twist works perfectly for a night-time outing.
- kkit12 favorited Lip Noir 14 Jul 19:20
- Agnes S. added Lip Noir to Beauty 14 Jun 17:41
- NellyTimeBOMB favorited Lip Noir 03 Dec 12:18
- BetsyBGood favorited Lip Noir 17 Oct 16:03
- Charlie. favorited Lip Noir 29 Aug 21:23
- Hella added Lip Noir to Make Up and Hair 15 Aug 20:26
- Miss Monstro favorited Lip Noir 13 Aug 15:01
- Sarah Kim favorited Lip Noir 22 Jul 17:40
- greta favorited Lip Noir 11 Jul 00:54
- Evening S. favorited Lip Noir 08 Jul 18:15
Hollywood makeup accentuates eyes and lips, all set against smooth, velvety skin. Moisturize your face and neck and apply matte foudation all over. Use plenty of concealer to erase all imperfections such as spots and dark circles -- after all, a starlet should have glowing skin! Dust some matte powder on top. Contour the cheeks bones and apply peachy blush to the cheeks. Add a touch of shimmery highlighter for the tops of cheekbones.
Start out by smoothing a thin layer of Eyeshadow Helper across the lid. Dusti low-shimmer nude eyeshadow all over and create an artificial crease well above your natural with medium-brown shadow. Blend out and up. Add black mascara to top lashes only and line the eyes in black giving it a nice flick -- you want a cat-like effect! Go for thinner, lightweight false lashes -- using ones too heavy will take away from the femininity. Fuse fake falsies with your own with lashings of mascara. Draw brows on higher than usual, brushing the hairs upwards and securing them with brow gel.
Veronica Lake loved to wear berry-tinted reds. The hue is just as important as the shape; go well outside your natural lips to create a fuller, bow-shaped curve with a burgundy pencil. Fill in the lips with a pencil slightly, leaving the middle bare. Apply Glamour 101 with a brush onto the lips or directly from the tube. Blot. Reapply. Voila! Now you are as glamorous as Veronica!