Ideal for halloween, or masquarade party!
The first version of this mask I made for my friend for last Halloween. I was inspired by Venetian masks, now I had inspiration to do it one more time, for my sister. Of course, you can buy mask, but it isn't so much fun, like when you do it by yourself :)
Note: Before you start, make a pattern for your mask, or find it on web, just tipe in EYE MASK PATTERN, than pose it in print preview, to make it size approximately to your face. Print it and cut it :)
- JustForTheDead favorited Lace Eye Mask 31 Jul 01:02
- Crafterella added Lace Eye Mask to Catwoman 19 May 11:49
- Leah. replied to a comment on her project Lace Eye Mask 11 Feb 12:10
- nhothman89 commented on Lace Eye Mask 11 Feb 11:34
- nhothman89 favorited Lace Eye Mask 11 Feb 11:33
- lost gypsy added Lace Eye Mask to crafty! 07 Jul 10:03
- OllieOdd favorited Lace Eye Mask 22 Jun 15:18
- Misato M. favorited Lace Eye Mask 19 Jun 11:53
- Broken Bownes favorited Lace Eye Mask 25 Oct 23:54
- Knittin' Kitten added Lace Eye Mask to Selina Kyle Costume 28 Sep 16:47
Cross out your mask pattern on card board to get your mask base.
Cut it, than glue it on fabric.
Cut the surplus of fabric.
Glue it on fabric from opposite side, and cut surplus again.
Note: wait before glue dry.
Burn ends of fabric, so they don't split out.
Glue lace on your mask base.
Cut the surplus and burn the ends of lace.
Get black nail polish and make a line around eye holes on your mask (to cover empty space which is not cover with lace.
Take your decoration supplies, and glue it on mask. I use sequines and glue them around eye holes. You might aslo use feathers, beads, glitters, ribbons etc.
Get awl and make holes for elastic band, which will go around your head.
Pull band throught holes and measure volume of your head and cut the band.
Sew band, or just wrap it.